Monday 28 July 2014


Happy Days

Well the last few weeks have  been interesting. Whilst clearing out my son's room of my craft clutter I have discovered all sorts of bits and pieces. I have been good and cleared a quantity of stuff and donated it to new homes. The room is now ready for my son's return at the end of August and I have concentrated my crafting area into textile stuff only.
I have just spent another weekend with Kim and my ExTex 3 buddies in Redditch. Two intense days making printing blocks and then printing papers and fabrics.
 
These are a few of my printed and overdyed designs.
 
I just need to make a decision which one to sew into for my homework!
 
These pieces below are last months homework
 

These are make from felt which has been cut out and the black swopped with the white and vice versa. I then stitched both pieces so they are the same as each other and on the reverse. It was very fiddly but was a useful exercise to complete.

 
One of my designs appliqued onto white cotton using bits of fabric, braid, ric rac, cord and lace.
This piece was made by ironing Bondaweb onto a piece of white cotton fabric then tracing my design onto the paper side of the Bondaweb and cutting out the pieces and ironing them on to the black cotton. I found by using the peeled off paper as a template I could accurately place the smaller pieces.
I stitched this design sitting in various hospital waiting rooms with my parents over the last month. It is quite surprising what can be achieved instead of just sitting about waiting.

I absolutely love being tutored by Kim because she inspires me to try out my ideas instead of going round in circles, gives good advice and makes me laugh!


 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment